NDA 2018 Syllabus and Pattern: Union Public Service Commission conducts NDA Exams Twice per Year to provide admissions for National Defence Sectors. Lakhs of Candidates appears in this Examination. This year UPSC NDA/NA (I) Exam is going to be held on 23-04-2018 to recruit eligible candidates into the Army, Air Force, and Naval Wings. Those Aspirants who are willing to serve the nation can fill the Application form for National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (I), 2018 before 10th February 2018.
In this post, we are going to discuss the Updated NDA Syllabus and the Exam pattern. So let’s get ahead and read about the Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
- 1 NDA 2018 Syllabus
- 1.1 Paper 1: Mathematics
- 1.2 Paper II: English & General Ability
- 2 NDA Vacancy 2018
NDA 2018 Syllabus
Must Read: UPSC NDA Admit Card 2018 – Download
A large number of Candidates has applied for NDA I Examination which is going to held on 23rd April 2018. Now You might be searching for NDA Syllabus and NDA 2018 Syllabus then this is the right place to get the complete syllabus of NDA 2018 Examination.
National Defence Academy and UPSC is quite particular when it comes to exam syllabus. Please go through the exam syllabus for Paper I and Paper II as given below.
Paper 1: Mathematics
Below is the NDA Entrance Exam Syllabus of Mathematics. The Exam questions will be totally from the below latest syllabus. So please read the below NDA Syllabus.
Concept of a set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams. De Morgan laws, Cartesian product relation, equivalence relation, Representation of real numbers on a line, Complex numbers – basic properties, modulus argument, Cube roots of unity, Binary system of numbers, Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa. Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions, Quadratic equations with real coefficients, Solution of linear inequations of two variables by graphs, Permutation and Combination, Binomial theorem and its application, Logarithms and their applications.
Matrices and Determinants:
Types of matrices, Operations on matrices, Determinant of a matrix,
Fundamental properties of determinants, Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications – Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
Angles and their measures in degrees and radians, Trigonometrical ratios, Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae, Multiple and Sub-multiple angles, Inverse trigonometric functions, Applications – Height and distance, Properties of triangles, NDA Coaching Institute.
Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions:
Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system, Distance formula, Equation of a line in various forms, Angle between two lines, Distance of a point from a line, Equation of a circle in standard and in general form, Standard forms of Parabola, Ellipse and hyperbola, Eccentricity and axis of a conic.
Concept of a real valued function – domain,range and graph of a function,Composite functions,Derivative of function at a point,Derivatives of sum,Product and quotient of functions,Derivative of a function with respect to another function,Derivative of a Composite FunctionPoint in a ,Second order derivatives,Increasing and decreasing functions,Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima,NDA Eligibility Criteria.
Integral Calculus and Differential Equations:
Integration as inverse of differentiation, Integration by substitution and by parts,
Standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, Trigonometric,
Exponential and hyperbolic functions, General and particular solution of a differential equation,
Vectors in two and three dimensions, Magnitude and direction of a vector, Unit and null vectors addition of vectors, Scalar multiplication of vector.
Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions:
Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system,Distance formula,Equation of a line in various forms,Angle between two line.,Distance of a point from a line,Equation of a circle in standard and in general form,Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola,Eccentricity and axis of a cthree-dimensional,space, distance between two points,Direction Cosines and direction ratios,Equation of a plane and a line in various forms,Angle between two lines and angle between two planes,Equation of a sphere.
Statistics and Probability:
Classification of data, Frequency distribution, Cumulative frequency distribution – examples, Graphical representation – Histogram, Pie Chart, Frequency Polygon – examples,
Measures of Central tendency – Mean Median and Mode, Variance and standard deviation – determination and comparison, Correlation and regression.
Random experiment, Outcomes and associated sample space, Events, Mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, Impossible and certain events, Union and Intersection of events,
Complementary, elementary and composite events, Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem – simple problems, Random variable as function on a sample space, Binomial distribution, Examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
Check Out: NDA Admit Card 2018 – UPSC
Paper II: English & General Ability
By comparison, English Syllabus for UPSC NDA 2018 is quite limited. The General Ability Portion will require a little extra time to cover. Please read the below NDA 2018 Syllabus.
Section A: English
The question paper in English is designed to test the candidate’s understanding of the English language and workmanlike use of words. The syllabus covers various broad topics, like
Grammar and Application
Comprehension and Cohesion
Section B: General Ability
The question paper on General Knowledge broadly covers the following subjects like Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events. So, for your benefit we have indicated below-
Section A: Physics
- Physical Properties and States of Matter
- Specific Gravity
- Principle of Archimedes
- Pressure Barometer.
- Motion of objects
- Velocity and Acceleration
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Force and Momentum
- Parallelogram of Forces
- Stability and Equilibrium of bodies
- Elementary ideas of work
- Power and Energy.
- Effects of Heat
- Measurement of temperature and heat
- change of State and Latent Heat
- Modes of transference of Heat
- Sound waves and their properties
- Simple musical instruments
- Rectilinear propagation of Light
- Reflection and refraction
- Spherical mirrors and Lenses
- Human Eye
- Natural and Artificial Magnets
- Properties of a Magnet
- Earth as a Magnet
- Static and Current Electricity
- conductors and Non-conductors
- Ohm’s Law Simple Electrical Circuits
- Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current
- Measurement of Electrical Power
- Primary and Secondary Cells
- Use of X-Rays
Download NDA Admit Card: UPSC NDA Admit Card 2018 – Download
Section B: Chemistry
- Physical and Chemical changes.
- Elements Mixtures and Compounds Symbols Formulae
- simple Chemical Equations Law of Chemical Combination ( excluding problems )
- Properties of Air and Water
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen Oxygen Nitrogen and Carbondioxide Oxidation and Reduction
- Acids bases and salts
- Carbon – different forms
- Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial
- Material used in the preparation of substances like soap Glass Ink Paper Cement Paints Safety Matches and Gun-Powder
- Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights Valency
Section C: General Science
- Difference between the living and non-living
- Basis of Life – Cells Protoplasms and Tissues
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs
- Common Epidemics their causes and prevention
- Food – Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food Balanced Diet
- The Solar System – Meteors and Comets Eclipses
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists
Section D: History Freedom Movement etc
- Broad survey of Indian History with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation.
- Freedom Movement in India.
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration.
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India.
- Panchayati Raj Co-operatives and Community Development.
- Bhoodan Sarvodaya National Integration and Welfare State Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi
- Forces shaping the modern world
- Renaissance Exploration and Discovery
- War of American Independence
- French Revolution Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution
- Impact of Science and Technology on Society
- Concept of one World United Nations Panchsheel Democracy
- Socialism and Communism
- Role of India in the present world
Section E: Geography
- Earth its shape and size.
- Latitudes and Longitudes Concept of time.
- International Date Line.
- Movements of Earth and their effects.
- Origin of Earth.
- Rocks and their classification
- Mechanical and Chemical Earthquakes and volcanoes.
- Ocean Currents and Tides
- Atmosphere and its composition;
- Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure Planetary Winds cyclones and Anti-cyclones;
- Condensation and Precipitation
- Types of Climate.
- Major Natural regions of the World.
- Regional Geography of India
- Climate Natural vegetation.
- Mineral and Power resources
- Location and distribution of agricultural and industrial activities.
- Important Sea ports and main sea land and air routes of India.
- Main items of Imports and Exports of India.
- World Geography Questions and Answers
Section F: Current Events
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years.
Current important world events.
- Prominent personalities – both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
- To apply for NDA-I, students should be born between 2nd July 1998 to 1st July 2001.
- To apply for NDA-II, students should be born between 2nd January 1999 to 1st July 2002.
So Above was the NDA Syllabus and NDA Exam Pattern. I hope you liked the post and if you liked it then don’t forget to share this post with your friends.
NDA Vacancy 2018
This year total posts for National Defence Academy is 335 in which the number of vacancies for Army is 208 , for Navy is 55, and for Airforce is 72.
|Post Name||Wing Name||Total Post|
|National Defence Academy||Army||208|
|Naval Academy||10+2 Cadet Entry||55|